• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Mark Knopfler at LG Arena last night

W

Wendy

I went with my friend to see Mark Knopfler last night at LG Arena we had front row seats. A fantastic show with an amazing bunch of brilliant musicians. Mark is an amazing guitar player. The concert was delayed by Mark as there was horrendous traffic and a terrible accident on the M42. They closed it to land the air ambulance. The concert then went ahead at the end he shook hands with people who came up to the stage. He is such a lovely man some so called entertainers could learn a lot from him.

Mark_Knopfler_001.JPG

I wish I had known,Mark is the top of my list for his music along with his former group,Dire Straits...his is real music with passion,not something from victims of the X Factor.

Wendy I saw him a few years ago with Eric Clapton it was a magical evening when it came to them playing their guitars together. Some good Roy Orbison on BBC4 this week

Been a few guitar legends in Birmingham in the last few weeks, Knopfler, Clapton and Hackett....

Saw Mark Knopfler again last night at The Genting Arena former "L.G.". He was fantastic,as was the crowd always a great crowd in Brum!

Mark Knopfler Genting Arena 2015.jpg

Back