• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Mann

F

flounder

Hi all,
i have got so far with my gt gt grandfather, but can't seem to get any further, his name is bothering me and the rest of my family, it just doesnt sit right, if you know what i mean, so i want to find the names of his father or mother, maybe siblings too, to see where and if the name fits. The rest of the family names, boys and girls alike are the usual old fashoined names but his really stands out.

Details that you lovely people have already given me:
Naasson Jesse Mann, born 1860, Greater Comberton, Married Lizzie Annie cook 1888. Also got the list of his children, not dates of birth yet.

I am going to central library nest week, dragging my daughter with me and going to see if i can get other bits and pieces of info too.
Many thanks to you all.
Wendy.xxx

Jessie Mann
Estimated Birth Year:abt 1861
Relation:Head
Spouse's Name:Lizzie A
Where born Pershore, Worcestershire, EnglandCivil Parish:Aston Ecclesiastical parish:St John Town Deritend County/Island:Warwickshire Country:England

Henry P Mann2
Jessie Mann30
Lizzie A Mann28

Thank you so much, it looks like his name is out of the ordinary. Very wierd that ages have changed, 1871 and 1881 Ann is older than Thomas, but is younger in the 1861 census. Also it looks like Thomas age 6 had passed away by 1871, am i correct in that.

Thanks again, cant wait to tell my family.

Wendy.xxx

Thomas might have been else where when the census was taken...visiting someone....will look for a death.

Last edited:
Back