• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Mancini Family

WelshBrummie03

master brummie
Hey all,

My nan (91 yrs old) always tells us a story about when she was in blitz in brum. The story is about a nice boy called Tony Mancini (Anthony Mancini) who was friends with my Nan's older brother. I won't go into the details as they are graphic but Tony did died and I was wondering if anybody would know what happened to the family or if any are on here.

I believe this is likely Tony: https://www.cwgc.org/find-records/find-war-dead/casualty-details/2449895/anthony-paul-mancini/

Thanks so much.

He is listed at Great Lister St in 1939 with a Agnes Mancini (nee Battersby). She appears to be the wife of an Anthony V Mancini but they married after he was born, so if he was the son of Anthony from a previous marriage not sure.

Anthony V Mancini died in 1963, Agnes in 1980 both in Bham. They appear to have had a number of children - Vincent 1926-1926, Alfred A 1927, Mary 1928-1928, Mary 1931 and Joan C 1933.

They lived at 46 Reginald Road in 1950s and 60s.

Alfred doesn't appear to have married. Mary and Joan did and had children - 9 and 2.

Last edited:
Yes this would be the correct family as the memorial says son of Agnes and Anthony Mancini. Thanks for the help, hopefully someone one here might a be a relative or something. I saw that Tony Jr was buried in Witton.

Back