• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

looking for surname of wife.

ellie

master brummie
I have details of a marriage between a George Edward Cooper marrying a Gertrude Frances???????????????. The reference details are Solihall 6d 1073 in December quarter 1909.

Is anybody able to assist with Gertrude's surname?

Many thanks.

Believe it or not the ladies name is Gertrude Frances Cooper.
Unless the lady was a widow and it was her married name the only Gertrude Frances Cooper I can find was born in Kidderminster 1883.
REf. June quarter 6c 241

Sorry shera we overlapped.

I saw this on another site, but isn't this her new married name as she married George Edward Cooper.

Hello Ellie,
I am related to George Edward and Gertrude Frances Cooper. My great great grandfather was John George Cooper, George Edward's uncle. John George came to Australia in the late 1800's and I am descendant from his son Phillip Henry Cooper, his son John Edward Cooper and his son Roy Henry Cooper. I have just received the marriage cert. for George Edward and Gertrude and now my goal is to find any children they may have had and hopefully find a living Cooper relative in England. Any assistance you may be able to provide would be greatly appreciated particularly copies of photos and documents.
Kind Regards,
Tony Cooper
Australia.

Back