• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Lodge Rd Hockley (the Flat)

Here's one answer to your questions from Wiki Fandom:

Dorset Tower

Dorset Tower was an 18 storey tower block on Camden Street on the Boulton complex in Soho, Birmingham. Built in 1971, it was 52 metres tall. It was of a large concrete panel construction contained 36 one bedroom and 70 two bedroom flats; 106 flats in total. It covered an area of 0.5 hectares/ 1.2 acres.
viv i think richard is talking about the block of flats shown in your photo on lodge road which was not dorset tower it was norfolk tower...dorset tower was as you say on camden street

lyn

Here's one answer to your questions from Wiki Fandom:

Dorset Tower

Dorset Tower was an 18 storey tower block on Camden Street on the Boulton complex in Soho, Birmingham. Built in 1971, it was 52 metres tall. It was of a large concrete panel construction contained 36 one bedroom and 70 two bedroom flats; 106 flats in total. It covered an area of 0.5 hectares/ 1.2 acres.
Thank you! That’s 196 to 280 people depending upon occupancy. That is a lot of people, it’s a large site but very high density.

Have edited post #264 to clarify that the B&W photo is of Norfolk Tower, Lodge Road and the colour photo is of Dorset Tower, Camden Street.

Back