• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Lea Hall

youngstevie

we live in one of the original terrace houses (one of 5) in Lea Hall Road. I know back in time they were tiny shops as people have told me I also know that there was once a coal yard to the rear (now houses) I can fin out abit about Lea Hall itself, as I can about the farms surrounding/residents/train line train station and when the Lea Hall housing estate was built.
The only reference I can find about Lea Hall road is that it may of been know as somerlone (interpreted as summer lane) but I can not find any photo's or references of these terraces ever being tiny shops.
I have maps and land registry which show these building dating back to 1889 but I seem to be drawing a blank on anything else. Anyone have any suggestions or any memories/old photos to share please. I would be extremely grateful as I am trying to create a feature wall of the house history:smug:

Hello youngstevie, welcome to the forum. When people told you the terrace houses used to be shops did they give you any idea of when this was?

it must of been somewhere late 40's maybe early 50's I can only go by what a lady told me as her Dad spoke of them apparently one was ironmongers but she gave no dates. However she is about 60 and her Dad was in his 70's when he died approx 5 years ago

Back