• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Lady Leaver has information on the following surnames.

postie

The buck stops here
Staff member

Baker, Baumgartner, Beardmore, Brabson, Bromyard, Buckstone, Cartwright, Clutterbuck, Cole, Cope, Crump, Deakin, Dewerson, Dutton, Ellaman, Ewins, Freeman, Gilbert, Green, Grigg, Harris, Harrison, Haydon, Hatchett, Hisscock, Hodgetts, Horton, Hossell, Hunt, Hyde, Jones, Kendrick, Leaver/Lever, Macdonald, McEvelly, Morgan, Nichols, Norton, Parry, Ratcliff, Ryder-bird, Savage, Short, Toon, Unitt, Walker, Ward, Woodward, Yates.

Why not give her a shout, you may find some missing relatives.:emmersed:

Thanks for posting that postie :encouragement: I can see a name on the list that I am interested in - I will give Lady Leaver a shout.

Hi Lady Leaver,

I wonder would you have anything on William Woodward who married Ellen Farley in June 1864 in Birmingham? William was born about 1845 in Old Basford, Nottinghamshire and son of Mark Woodward. Ellen was born 1840 in Birmingham & daughter of James Farley & Mary O' Neil. On 1881 & 1891 census they lived at 197 Summer Lane, Birmingham. They had 11 children. Any info. at all would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks, Maria

I wonder whether you have any reference to the Nichols who lived in Hingeston Street, Carver Street and College Road, Saltley around the turn of the 19th/20th century. The other names in your list did not ring any bells so I shall not hold my breath. But thanks for looking anyway.

Hi Colin,
I'm very sorry I can't help you, I'm not familiar with these streets in Birmingham at all and much less the surname, however don't lose heart as there are loads of people on this site who know Birmingham inside out from years back, perhaps they can help you. If you haven't already tried, put the street names in the search engine and you will be amazed with all the info the good people on this site have. If these streets are in the Aston area there is another website about Aston which I found on here but can't recall the name that might be of help. If you go to goggle and put in Aston you are sure to find it.
I'm so sorry I cant be of any help and can only wish you the best in you research.
Thank you for getting in touch, I really appreciate your kindness.
Kindest regards,
Maria

Hi Lady Leaver
Only just spotted this post looks interesting
I'm interested in the following family names you have on your list
Hunt, Nichols, Yates.

Thank you
Inbox me if you need anymore info Thanx again
Mandy

Hi Lady Leaver,
I am interested in the Ellaman/Elliman surname of Birmingham. The two that I am sure of is Richard Ellaman (poss. 1772-1842) and Anne Elliman (1820-1905) who married James Owen in 1839. Do these names ring any bells?

Baker, Baumgartner, Beardmore, Brabson, Bromyard, Buckstone, Cartwright, Clutterbuck, Cole, Cope, Crump, Deakin, Dewerson, Dutton, Ellaman, Ewins, Freeman, Gilbert, Green, Grigg, Harris, Harrison, Haydon, Hatchett, Hisscock, Hodgetts, Horton, Hossell, Hunt, Hyde, Jones, Kendrick, Leaver/Lever, Macdonald, McEvelly, Morgan, Nichols, Norton, Parry, Ratcliff, Ryder-bird, Savage, Short, Toon, Unitt, Walker, Ward, Woodward, Yates.

Why not give her a shout, you may find some missing relatives.:emmersed:
I am interested in the Hortons that is the parents and ancestors of Richard Horton , his son Joseph John Horton - the Surgeon, and his son George Day Horton the chemist.

Anything about them would d be of interest especially relative to membership of Freemasonry and any connection with Dr Charles Yarwood of Sutton Street Aston. This is my Family. Thanks in anticipation but with fingers crossed.

Applemany

Back