• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

L.E. Motors

dave carpenter

proper brummie kid
Hello everyone,
I am trying to find out about a firm of motor engineers that was known as L&E motors and their connection with racing motorcycles. I understand that the propriortor was L. Eason. I have a Norton that was delivered to them in 1948 and would like to find out about its eary history.
Dave Carpenter

Dave
They appear in Kellys between 1944 and 1949. They are under motor engineers & garages, not motorcycle dealers. The 1949 entry is:

L. & E. MOTORS (L.EASON), 366 Stratford rd. & IA,Poplar rd 11. T N Victoria 1105

They were still there in 1950, . Both the Stratford road and Poplar road (Sparkhill) site were shared with Aquatic Supplies, aquarium suppliers, which would indicate to me that they were the same people running both firms. In 1956 the Poplar road site is not listed, and the ‘Stratford road site is just Aquatic Supplies
Mike

Back