• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Kings Heath 6th Boys Brigade

Stevehanson

master brummie
Hi all, I am trying to contact anyone in the photo, it was taken around 1959/1960 in Highbury park Kings Heath. It's a photo of the 6th Kings Heath boys brigade football team. I am back row, third from left.image.jpeg

Hi Steve, hope you are well and keeping safe. This is my first time on the forum and forgive any typos or mistakes.

I was a member of the 43rd Birmingham Co based in Hall Green. We played against the 6th Birmingham many times and they were always a good team and tough oppositions. They had a good band too and were based at the church on Kings Heath High St. Are they still going?
They played football on pitches which now form part of Queens bride School. Pitch was pretty good but boggy in winter.

I played footie for the Birmingham Battalion on few occasions against Liverpool, Nottingham and Northampton. Scored a few too. Lol

I am trying to find info on the 43rd Co as it has been defunct for many years, Both myself, my brother and lots of my friends enjoyed many years in the Brigade and had some wonderful times. Do you know anyone i can get in touch with to continue my investigations? Any help appreciated.

Kind Regards, Phil

Hi Steve, hope you are well and keeping safe. This is my first time on the forum and forgive any typos or mistakes.

I was a member of the 43rd Birmingham Co based in Hall Green. We played against the 6th Birmingham many times and they were always a good team and tough oppositions. They had a good band too and were based at the church on Kings Heath High St. Are they still going?
They played football on pitches which now form part of Queens bride School. Pitch was pretty good but boggy in winter.

I played footie for the Birmingham Battalion on few occasions against Liverpool, Nottingham and Northampton. Scored a few too. Lol

I am trying to find info on the 43rd Co as it has been defunct for many years, Both myself, my brother and lots of my friends enjoyed many years in the Brigade and had some wonderful times. Do you know anyone i can get in touch with to continue my investigations? Any help appreciated.

Kind Regards, Phil
Hi Phil, thanks for your reply but I don't think I can help in your investigation. I have not been in touch with anyone from the BB for years let alone if it's still operating in Kings Heath. Not sure about playing at Queensbridge school we always played in Highbury Park. I don't think you ever played our team because we never ever won a match, but the band was good, I played the bugle to a fashion. Anyway nice to hear from you, if I ever find anything out I will post it on this forum. Cheers.

Back