• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Kerrison,Fisher,Fletcher,Burdett and Jones Family

Hello John & Welcome,,hope you are not flooded down New Forest way,

You,re certainly not flooded with replies yet,,thats unusual on this site, especially as you have
some interesting Surnames (Kerrison,quite rare ?) but Fisher/Fletcher/Jones are in Surnames on here.

Maybe if you could attach a little more detail to each surname,,Dates, ages, marriages, areas(Aston/B,ham etc)
then more folks on site may jog memories to provide linkage to your requirements,
Best regards & good luck John Y

john is right, a bit more detail will help , looked at your web link and it seems that you know some of the family are frm London and Portsmouth,so who are you looking for in Brum? and from when?
Sue

Hello John,

I was interested to see that you have Burdett and Fletcher in your family tree, as those names also appear in my tree.

Any more details ?

Annie

Yes, my post is a little under weighted I know lol, done it quick before I went to work.
I am looking for the descendants of my Grandmother Lilian Fisher 1891-1953. She lived in the Ladywood Area, She married Bertram Jones in 1910, He died 1917 due to mustard gas poisoning. They had only one child I think, My Mother Cissie Evelyn Jones. She then Married William Fletcher in 1919, they lived in the Aston Area, they had 8 children, William, Eric, Lilian, Arthur, George, Beryl, Elsie (Thelma) and John. I remember my Aunt Lil, (lilian Fletcher)and uncle Jack(John Burdett) lived by the Bull ring, And my Uncle Arthur (Fletcher) lived Walsall Way, I did visit them while I was in the Army, as My Regt at the time was the 16th/5th Lancers, which recruited the area.
Other than that, I know very little about my Mothers Birmingham family, I do Have Three Photos.The first is of Lil and Jack, Second Eric (I think, Three folk on Right) and the third is Lillian Fisher (Jones,Fletcher).
Lil and Jack.jpgMumPatJun0001.JPGnan(original).jpg

re: Burdett/Fletcher - my family history brickwall - not too sure if it will be of interest to you, John.

BURDETT, George married Clara Hollier 1916 (recorded as batchelor and spinster) at St. Andrew`s Church Bordesley

Prior to their marriage they had `five` children
Fanny b.1904
George b. 1906
May b.1909
John(Jack)b.1911
Joseph b.1914
George went to war 1916 (perhaps the reason they got married)
After they were married they had one child Leslie b.1921

However, the birth certificate for FANNY b.1904 gives her mother`s name as Jane Burdett formerly FLETCHER - hence my interest in any Burdett/Fletcher combination.

All the other children have Clara named as their mother.

On the 1911 Census George and Clara are recorded as a couple (married for 8 years?) living in Barn Street with the first four children - in two rooms.

I did think maybe George`s marriage to Clara could have been bigamous, but I have been unable to find a Burdett/Fletcher marriage - nor have I found a death for Jane - A bit of a mystery - one I`ve been working on, off and on for over ten years.

Not too sure if there is any connection with your Fletcher/Burdett, but thought it was worth putting the info. on the Forum anyway.

Best wishes,
Annie

hi annie ;
could it not or not be the part of the fletcher family whom lived in the avenue of aston ;
they was there in the early 1900,s and through generations they was a big family and became fletchers of dartmouth st motor factors ;
it was in the early 1900s that there grt gand father stated to sell from orange boxes of the old austin car parts in the early 1900s ;
its worth a cross check on fletchers of the avenue just along from aston cross best wishes astonian;

Hi Annie, Thanks for that, sorry I'm a bit late replying, been away. Unfortunately I don't think there's a connection there either. Guess we'll have to keep on searching.
John

Back