• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Ken Miles, Anderton Park Road

Paul D

master brummie
Hi, can anyone look up a Mr K Miles living in Anderton Park Road please. Would like to confirm he lived there. Problem is he might have been renting, the owner of the house might be a Mr Baker. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I don`t but K Miles moved to Queenswood Road, Moseley in 1947 so we,ll have to assume it was mid to late 1946.

do you know what the k stands for or mr bakers first name

lyn

Last edited:
ok i will take a look on ancestry at the e rolls for ken or it could be kenneth

sorry paul i cant find a ken or kenneth miles for the year you want...do you know what mr bakers first name was...

lyn

no probs paul someone else may have better luck but i will just look for clive baker now..

Oh, I think I will try and get back to the gentleman who told me about this. Thanks again for taking the time in looking for me.

I am pretty sure there is no Miles or Baker in the electoral rolls for 1947. If he was registered there for part of 1947 he should be on it. Maybe he only stayed for a few months, or did not register

Mike, in 1947 Ken Miles lived in Queenswood Road, its 1946 which I am trying to get to the bottom of where he lived then. I have been talking to someone who thinks they worked on each other's sports cars in Anderson Park Road. Just trying to clarify that.

Good morning, not much to add but Miles was known to have lodged with his wife at Anderton Park Road in 1946 with Cliff Baker or Mike Sinnott or Sennet, not sure of the spelling. Sketchey I know.

Good Morning, i have since found out more information since posting this question. Seems that Ken Miles did not live in Anderton Park Road but it was his friend A. Oakes Richards. So in 1947 to 51 Ken Miles would visit his friend there and works on vintage cars. Wonder if any pictures of the house exist from back then?

Hi Paul, A Oakes-Richards was my grandfather. I think my dad may have some photo's. I came across this forum doing some family research. From memory Grandpa & Ken were neighbours

Welcome to the forum eoke5, is the Ken Miles in question the racing drive . if so we have a thread dedicated to him.

I would imagine he was living in Sutton Coldfield, he was married in Sutton in 1942 and his son Peter was born there in 1950, in 1952 his wife and son went to join him in USA they travelled on the Queen Elizabeth.
His parents Eric and Clarice lived in Royal road, Sutton Coldfield.

Last edited:
Back