• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Keith Berry

ER Allen

master brummie
I noticed that Keith Berry's photos were deleted from the internet when his account wasn't paid, even after being paid temporarily by Bill Dargue. Although some are now available through other links. How sad to lose Mr Berry.
I have tried to find information about Keith himself. No biography seems to be available.
I did find an obituary for Bonnie Berry, mentioning a son Keith, in the Birmingham News, but it was Birmingham, Alabama.

I noticed that Keith Berry's photos were deleted from the internet when his account wasn't paid, even after being paid temporarily by Bill Dargue. Although some are now available through other links. How sad to lose Mr Berry.
I have tried to find information about Keith himself. No biography seems to be available.
I did find an obituary for Bonnie Berry, mentioning a son Keith, in the Birmingham News, but it was Birmingham, Alabama.
Have a look at this ... :)
and how they were recovered ….

Last edited:
Was looking at a map of Brookfields, and noticed in the block between Camden, George, Ellen and Springhill Streets, was a malthouse. While looking up info on malthouses in general, came across a photo of a malthouse taken by Thomas Berry.
Was he any relation to Keith Berry? Have found no biographical information on either of these men, so who knows...
Photo: "Thomas Berry, Sheffield Brewers’ Maltings at Sherwood Road, Worksop, Nottinghamshire."

Attachments

• tb.png
    tb.png
    72.4 KB · Views: 11
Have a look at this ... :)
and how they were recovered ….
Great Stuff, thank you old Mohawk, what amazing photographs

In the Then and Now thread I looked at some of the places Keith Berry photographed as they are now and this was one of my favourites ...
On Erdington High Street in the 1970s Keith Berry saw this lady standing on tiptoe in her sling-back-kitten-heel shoes. He commented that she was peeping over the wall of St Barnabas church at a wedding. She first appeared in another thread on the BHF back in 2016 and there was discussion about her gloves, handbag, shoes, and what she was thinking ... as we do ... :)
index.php

Click to see an added colour version .... click your browser 'back arrow' to get back here after seeing the colour version ...

A view of the pavement where she was standing but the wall has been lowered so no need for anyone to stand on tiptoe these days ...
index.php

Back