• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

John Henry Crilley

T

tonybilsborough

Looking for John Henry Crilley, listed in 1940 Kellys at 7 Warwick Rd Kenilworth.

i have found him in 1936 kellys. same info. john henry crilley. cooked meat dealer. 7 warwick rd.

cant find him before that.

Hi again Shera

Many thanks again for this. It is my man. I keep narrowing the gap down between when he left for New York (1911) and when he returned to England. Looks like this may be as far as I get back!!

He wasn't at 7 Warwick road in 1928 (though it doesn't mean he was anywhere else. in that year no 7 was Miss Ada Rollins, fruiterer.

Thanks Mike...it is looking like no 7 was in fact shop premises. Looking like my man returned to the Birmingham area some time 1911 - 1936 after his dalliance in New York. I can't find him on any incoming passenger lists during these dates though. I shall just have to plod on.

In the B'ham Electoral Roll for 1920,there is a John Henry Crilley living with a Bernard Crilley at 12 St Pauls Rd,Balsall Heath

In the B'ham Electoral Roll for 1920,there is a John Henry Crilley living with a Bernard Crilley at 12 St Pauls Rd,Balsall Heath

Thanks for this. It is my man. The address is the old family home. That means I can now narrow my search again with your help for his return to England from New York to 1911-1920:)

Just a thought and being cheeky...do you by any chance have access to any of the earlier Electoral Rolls that he may appear on. Between 1911 and 1920?

Thanks Suzanne

This is the father of John Henry Crilley...right address as this was the family home... but not the man I am looking for

Back