• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

John Frederick Miller, 136 Cattell Rd In 1933

BordesleyExile

master brummie
Could someone look up the whereabouts of John Frederick Milner in 1933? In Oct 1930 he was still at 136 Cattell Rd running a fish frying business but by 1935 he had moved to 44 Charles Arthur St. It would be good to fill in the gap, even if it is only possible to find out that he had given up the business and moved on to pastures new. A 1933 address would be even better.

In 1933 Kellys (really 1932) 136 Cattell Rd was a George Downes, fried fish dir.
44 Charles Arthur St was Joseph Seeney, haulage contractor.
There's no John Frederick in the private section. There is a john E. Milner (could it be misprint?) with a dining rooms at 2 Corbett St smethwick.
In 1932 (really 1931) he was still at 136 Cattell Road
mike

As always, thank you, Mikejee for this very full answer. As a result of your information I now know that John Frederick Milner carried on with the business at least a while into the Great Depression. I am aware that he moved to Little Packington for a while. You are enabling me to narrow down the years when he and his son, my father, could have been away from Birmingham.
John Frederick Milner did indeed have a son John Ernest, but he would have been an apprentice jeweller in 1933 or soon after.

Back