• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Jack & John hartland

D

donapr

View attachment 23832

Anyone have any ideas about this picture???

jack & John are on left hand of picture has you view it.

John Hartland worked for B'ham corp.

date on back of picture is 1919

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh how I wish your post had come earlier. I lost a dear friend named Arthur Hartland in September at the age of 80. I remember him telling me his grandfather was in a local bowls team this was possibly Harbourne. He had a lovely old photo which he showed me I am sure he told me he drowned and they were not sure if it was an accident or a suicide. I posted on here when he passed away.

https://forum.birminghamhistory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17653&highlight=Arthur+Hartland

Hello,Sorry to read about the lost of your friend arthur.

I think we may have a connection here.

Prehaps you might have more information.

I have a note/letter from a Arthur Hartland informing my auntie B Hartland of the death of his father Robert Hartland.

Robert was my grand.dad's youngest brother.

Robert called his son Arthur after, another brother Arthur who died of his wounds from WW1.

Now they were a B'ham, but in later life were in Tamworth.

It was the father of Robert ( my great grand father) John F hartland who took his own life at Harborne station.

It must be the same family. Arthur married Joan Crump they had one son named Johnathan. Arthur showed me a lovely book I think it was about Birmingham which belonged to his father. He also had some old photo's. I do wish I had paid more attention.

Back