• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Internet router - What do you do?

I have a rather expensive PC which appears to do everyting I want/need, so why should I require either an ipad or tablet, surely my PC does everthing they do - or am I wrong ?????

I have a rather expensive PC which appears to do everyting I want/need, so why should I require either an ipad or tablet, surely my PC does everthing they do - or am I wrong ?????

1) Who told you you needed an I pad

2) If you are happy then ... Fine ...You don't have to buy one.

3) I do not have an I pad but would love one ....For reasons to many to list. But just 1 reason portability I do a bit of photography and love to show my friends my work. ( cant carry my desk top around ) and some of my friends don't even use a computer so memory sticks are no use. I love gadgets and wish I could afford to buy more.
james

I can think of only 2 reasons for having an iPad

1. Portability. If you need to access the internet on the move. Then you will need access to WiFi or have an iPad with a SIM card which costs about £100 more

2. You are like James above and want to show photos drawings etc to other people. Even then the only advantage over a laptop is that it is easier to carry.

Otherwise your laptop is better.

Think I will stick to my Tower PC, sitting in comfort with a 21" monitor, minuature screens and tiny buttons are no good with my eyesight. Do not even use a mobile phone, prefer the good old bt landline (probably biased there as I worked for Post Office telephones/BT for 30 years), although I keep one in the car in case I breakdown and need to call AA, although being a Rover thats most unlikely. Eric

Back