• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

In English please!

Teddy Fan

master brummie
I still call the off-licence an 'outdoor' and a miserable person has 'a face as long as Livery Street' even though I haven't lived in B'ham for a long time.

Always a Brummie at heart though, I love all the old sayings but at the same time it is great to learn new ones; round here they spend a lot of time 'chopsing' (talking!) and so do I!!

Whatever the expression, let's keep it English please - it's a wonderful old language.

So why is the only choice of language on the Birmingham History Forum site English (US)???

Hi Angela, it's because all the DECENT servers are outside the UK.

Hi Postie,

Yes, I'm sure you're right about the server situation.

Other countries have their own languages and culture - that's great - but am I old-fashioned to want to keep our English language intact?
We have a wonderful heritage of words and sayings and it would be a shame to lose them.

And don't start me on changing the spelling of our words...

Angela K Hi - I use an add on spell check and am slowly 'teaching' it the correct way to spell words the correct way.

Back