• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Ian Allan R.I.P.

horsencart

master brummie
Sad News
Ian Allan has died aged 93. I know he was mainly associated with railways, but his company also published many bus related books over the years,

RIP Ian Allan - a significant part of my childhood which was much appreciated.

Maurice

Thanks for many happy hours of train-spotting. I wore my Ian Allan Locospotters Club badge with pride (see advert 1955). R.I.P. Ian Allan. Dave.
P1020391 (2).JPG

$_35.JPG
R.I.P Ian. Thanks from Brian Peter and Mervin also lovers of the railways.

Many a school dinner time spent at Bordesley Bridge in early 1960's trying (in vain) to fill in one of his little books.
Happy memories.
Thanks Ian and R.I.P.

Ian Allan R.I.P. you changed my young life.

Talking of the Locospotters club, do you remember the fear of mis-behaving and losing your membership?

I remember the great pleasure I had from Ian Allen books, trains and also Midland Red buses, if my memory serves me correctly. Train spotting at Marston Green, New Street and Tyseley - lunchtime at Waverley Grammer School! His books brought so many people many hours of pleasure.

Back