• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Holy Trinity School Camp Hill Bordesley

I was there in 1955
Hi.i attended holy trinity, at the time there Miss'McDauwell was head but she got married and her name became Mrs. Turner.i also had brothers who attended the school Kirtlyn and Patrick Dupont they are twins. Do you know of them?

Hello Sue

My family lived in Bedford Road, I think up to the early sixties. Eadon and French were their family names. Jobson being the maiden name. My parents were maried at holy trinity in 1963 and my mother went to Holy Trinity School, Betty Eadon being her name.

Hello Sue

My family lived in Bedford Road, I think up to the early sixties. Eadon and French were their family names. Jobson being the maiden name. My parents were maried at holy trinity in 1963 and my mother went to Holy Trinity School, Betty Eadon being her name.

Hi sue your family the dado she &french lived at 4norwood terrace and French 5 we the Lawrence lived at 4 Oxford terrace the Nichols at1 Norwood terrace Bedford road I also went to holy trinity school we also went hoy trinity church
Remember the foulgers and hamonds and wheelers up your entry

thankyou for the picture of trinity terrace what a rush of the past before me, still wondering if anyone still alive from bedford road who lived there in 1962ish would be wonderful to hear from them sue linthwaite
Another photo of Trinity Terrace showing a school entrance halfway up the hill on the right. I'm sorry but I do not know if this was the only entrance or if there were others. This photo is dated 1969 so if the date is true the school was still there then

There was another entrance at the side, where The coke was delivered, the playground was difficult to play in then. I lived at no 13 Trinity Terrace. Both male teachers were called Mr Lamb and Miss Timmins
I was there from 1949 until 1954. Mr Lamb took us camping and for a trip on the Norfolk Broads.
he was the best teacher I ever had.
Anyone else remember them ?
Diane

thanks for your reply i have been on friendsunited but didnt seem to recognise anyone at all long time lots of water under the bridge the user name is my huband but my name is susan linthwaite and i used to live in bedford road my old dad worked in cheapside and my mom in the toy factory chad valley i used to play in the churchyard opposite the school happy days
I was born in Bedford Rd 1949 lived there till they knocked our house down in 1958 had 2 older sisters valarie n iris

I was born in Bedford Rd 1949 lived there till they knocked our house down in 1958 had 2 older sisters valarie n iris
I remember you very well, my name was Diane James and I lived in Trinity Terrace, and went to Trinity school and remember Mr Lamb was my teacher.

I remember you very well, my name was Diane James and I lived in Trinity Terrace, and went to Trinity school and remember Mr Lamb was my teacher.
I dont remember much about living there I remember one teacher I had was a miss Quin remember my older sisters talking about Mr lamb and what a great teacher he was I lived in Berkley terrace bedford road do you remember Fred's shop on the corner

I dont remember much about living there I remember one teacher I had was a miss Quin remember my older sisters talking about Mr lamb and what a great teacher he was I lived in Berkley terrace bedford road do you remember Fred's shop on the corner
Yes I remember it very well, especially when wagon wheels first came out.I think Iris was the same age as me,and a bit of a madam. So we’re you older than Iris? What other memories do you have. ? Diane

Yes I remember it very well, especially when wagon wheels first came out.I think Iris was the same age as me,and a bit of a madam. So we’re you older than Iris? What other memories do you have. ? Diane
I was the youngest iris passed away 2 years ago she was a madam when she was younger she married and moved to Devon nearly 60 years ago and did really well she became a local councillor for Okehampton I moved to monkspath near shirley but always ended up working around cheapside how about you where did you end up

I was the youngest iris passed away 2 years ago she was a madam when she was younger she married and moved to Devon nearly 60 years ago and did really well she became a local councillor for Okehampton I moved to monkspath near shirley but always ended up working around cheapside how about you where did you end up

Does anyone remember the street party celebrating the queen's coronation in Bedford Rd I was 3 and can remember the tables and chairs in the road fun and games

My wife and her sister lived in Bedford Road until 1966 when they left to live in Acocks Green, her name was then Carol Hill and her sister Christine, they both went to Holy Trinity school, they often talk of the hard times then but they have good memories.
Did they live at the top right of Oxford terrace with their gran

Hi Martin,

my name is Peter Yates , if you want Keith's details I can let you have them.

Do you remember Gillian Pallin she lived in Bordesley Park Rd , she didn't turn up

to school one day , where did she go ? Have a photograph of Gillian Mills age 7 is she still

alive , do you have any photographs? Took photographs of the school when it was demolished.

Regar
Hi Peter just found this page we used hang out together, Hope you're keeping well. Regards
Desmond Reid

I am martin Edwards I used to live at 84 SANDY LANE then moved to 41 BORDESLEY PARK ROAD I attended Holy Trinity school between 1961-66 I had a twin sister called Carol and in our little group of friend were

Myself Martin Edwards
My sister Carol Edwards
Keith Yates
Lynette Little
Gillian Mills
Hi Martin,
I know you posted this comment years ago but I had to reply!
I was just reading The Angel of Camp Hill as my Mom Julie and her siblings went there. My Auntie is Lynette Little.
Great to see her name pop up

Well done boys, these are impressive! Viv

Screenshot_20230219_130015_Chrome.jpg
Source: British Newspaper Archive

For info, the school history from British History Online:

HOLY TRINITY C. OF E. PRIMARY SCHOOL, Camp Hill, Bordesley. Bordesley (Charity) Sch. or Bordesley and Deritend Sch. established 1825. New building erected 1831.N.o.b. 1837: 190 B, G. In 1837 average time spent in sch. was 1¾ yr.; supported by subscriptions and small fees. In 1841 it was said that 'the sun never shines on the lower room of the Bordesley and Deritend Schools'. N.o.b. 1846: 108 B, G, in 2 schoolrooms, under a master and mistress. Building sold and sch. rebuilt on new site in Trinity Terrace, Camp Hill (deed 1854). Then generally called Bordesley Trinity Sch. Probably identifiable with the unnamed sch. described by H.M. Commissioner in 1869 as 'a solitary specimen [i.e. in Birmingham] of a class of school now well-nigh extinct'. The premises were adequate and the discipline good, but the organization was oldfashioned and teaching poor. Received annual grants from 1873. Fees 1874: 3d.–4d. B dept. transferred 1886 to Mission Hall, Miles St. Total accom. then 756. Fees of 4d. retained until 1903. Bd. of Ed. condemned G and I building, which was altered and repaired 1910. Mission hall given up and sch. reorganized 1931 for JI. Became a controlled sch. 1949. Accom. in mission hall provided 1952. Accom. 1961: 5 classrooms, hall.

Hi Martin,
I know you posted this comment years ago but I had to reply!
I was just reading The Angel of Camp Hill as my Mom Julie and her siblings went there. My Auntie is Lynette Little.
Great to see her name pop up
Myself Martin Edwards
My sister Carol Edwards
Keith Yates
Lynette Little
Gillian Mills

I remember all you guys
I remember Keith and i used to play round his house many times and explore the deralict houses that were near by.
Myself and my two brothers also played on the church yard
Would be great if someone replied to this message.
yes great to see all those names pop up

Steve Henderson

is there anyone out there who remembers this school i attended this school in approx 1963 and played in the church yard across the road and lived in bedford road happy days i think the heads name was miss. mc dowell
Hi Keith I was there from 1955 to 1961, Miss McDowell our Headmistress, lovely School, from there I went to Upper Highgate Secondary Girls. I lived at the bottom of Camp Hill opposite the flyover.

Hello Sue

Hi Sue, did you know the Goody’s, there was Diane, Rosemary and their Mom was Dutch a lovely Lady, they lived in the end house middle of Bedford Road.

Back