• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Holy Trinity School Camp Hill Bordesley

K

Keith Harrington

is there anyone out there who remembers this school i attended this school in approx 1963 and played in the church yard across the road and lived in bedford road happy days i think the heads name was miss. mc dowell

I went to Holy Trinity. Moved there from Chandos Road in about 1963 and left in 1965. Head was Deidre McDowell or 'The Angel of Camp Hill' as she was known. I lived in Timperley Grove, off Ravenhurst Street. do you know if the building is still standing? Went past Trinity Church on the train a couple of weeks ago and there was a building opposite which I thought could have been the school.

carole

thanks for your reply i have been on friendsunited but didnt seem to recognise anyone at all long time lots of water under the bridge the user name is my huband but my name is susan linthwaite and i used to live in bedford road my old dad worked in cheapside and my mom in the toy factory chad valley i used to play in the churchyard opposite the school happy days

hi sue...hope you and the family are ok...cant find a pic of the school yet but this is holy trinity church..is this the one you played in...

lyn

Attachments

• Camp Hill Holy Trinity Church.JPG
    Camp Hill Holy Trinity Church.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited by a moderator:
hi lyn just seen your message hope you had a good xmas & happy new year did at one point have a picture of both school and church good to here from you coming back to bham in a few days must give you a bell after going down memory lane lov sue

Hi Keith,

I think this picture of Trinity Terrace may appeal to you. I attended that school too back in 53. It looks like Deans the money lender at the top on the right. You'll remember that the school was just below the houses pictured. Up the Blues!

Attachments

• Camp Hill Trinity Terrace.JPG
    Camp Hill Trinity Terrace.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 52
lovely pic beamish...sue and keith its been a rough 2 months here i will email you....

lyn

the school I dont know about but the church has had a few problems over the years I was amongst a team of community service volunteers who repainted and did some other work there in the early seventies !

thankyou for the picture of trinity terrace what a rush of the past before me, still wondering if anyone still alive from bedford road who lived there in 1962ish would be wonderful to hear from them sue linthwaite

Hi all.
I went to Holy Trinity I was there from 64-66, my sister was in the year below me, I am Roy Edwards and my sisters name is Julie. I lived in Stratford St North.
Cheers for now,
Roy

Hi roy edwards....... Remember us keith and peter yates we were both at camp hill, im sure i remember you.have you contacted anyone else ?
Anyone out there with any contacts please get in touch........

Does anyone know how old the school is and when it was built?

Was it built after Holy Trinity church?

Holy trinity school camp hill

victorian i think and built after the church. Internally i remember every detail . I went to the school from approx 1958 to 1965 and i have a copy of the book written about " the angel of camp hill" the head mistress of the school.

Hello Viv,

Thank you for the info, i shall have to look into this a little closer...

Hi roy edwards....... Remember us keith and peter yates we were both at camp hill, im sure i remember you.have you contacted anyone else ?
Anyone out there with any contacts please get in touch........

Hi I remember you guys,Keith & Peter. I am Steve Henderson i used to come to your house and play.If i remember correctly you lived at 60 New bond street.I lived at Samson Rd North and along with many other kids played on the church yard.Hope to hear from you and anyone else who remembers me or my brothers Paul,Gary.

Hi,Yes i remember your names although cannot put a face to the name. We lived at the bottom of the yard down Stratford St North where my dad Bill had lived all his life. Had no other responses, I was only young when we left but can remember Alfie and Viv Mobbs, Micheal and Martin Higgins. You possibly knew my uncle Tom who also lived at my dads before I was born. anyone else been in touch that i may remember.

Hi My mom and dad( Bill and Norma Edwards) got married at that church in 1957. Me and my sister Julie went to Holy Trinity until about '66 when we moved away due to the houses being demolished in the yard down Stratford St North. My dad was born there along with his brothers Eric and Tommy and his sister Kath. Let me know if anyone remembers them. Tommy and Eric still going strong but my dad and Kath both gone now.

Hello Sue

My family lived in Bedford Road, I think up to the early sixties. Eadon and French were their family names. Jobson being the maiden name. My parents were maried at holy trinity in 1963 and my mother went to Holy Trinity School, Betty Eadon being her name.

Back