• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Holte Road.

Re: Holte Road

I have just read this this forum again and missed the photos Patty originally posted. I was Mrs Nevilles grandson. Does anyone have the pics or any others of Holte Rd please.

Hi,
I lived in Yew Tree up to the age of 19, other names in that area I can remember:
Neil Cooper, David Stokes, Ian Wolverson (was at King Edwards with him), Trevor Reece (now Doctor Trev), John Gorman, the Lewises, Pat Finch, Mrs Douerty (? She ran a club book to buy "stuff" from), Steve Long, the Ratcliffe's (had a shop at the Serpentine end of Yew Tree and I remember they used to cook up fresh cod roes), Barry and Angela Kelly (their mom was once an extra in Crossroads), Linda and Christine Clemence, Cath and Percy Cartwright (shop at 2 Yew Tree), Florrie Noon and her brother had the outdoor just up from Goliath tools. Steve Hunt (can't remember where he lived, but he was a Villa player and I've been in touch with him recently.
it was always "Mrs Nev" said in reverence for her service to early teen smokers ;) afraid I don't remember anyone sitting on the counter -probably due to not being able to see far over the top.

There are so many more I can "see" but the names escape me.
I think Carol had a younger brother.

Hi GazC, I went to Holte school with Neil Cooper, Dave Stokes, Graham Eynon & Steve Long. Steve & I are neighbours in Measham. I had relatives that lived at number 13 I think it was. The Healeys. Uncle Ron was care taker at Aston Hall & lived at the Lodge across the road. Dot & Terry had a son, Gerald.

My father Dennis Chapman was born at 49 Holte Road on 11th April 1926. He lived there with his mother Elsie (May), father Leslie and younger brother Ken until 1954 when he got married.

My parents Douglas Brownley and Pauline Brownley (nee Palmer) lived at 30 Holte Road, until they moved here to Australia in 1958. Boy the area has sure changed when I look at Google Maps!

My parents Douglas Brownley and Pauline Brownley (nee Palmer) lived at 30 Holte Road, until they moved here to Australia in 1958. Boy the area has sure changed when I look at Google Maps!
Have you any photo's of your parents Sue. We lived at 57 the Lyndon family. My mom lived there till she passed away 20 years ago.

jean there are photos of sues parents on this thread....lyn

Have you any photo's of your parents Sue. We lived at 57 the Lyndon family. My mom lived there till she passed away 20 years ago.
Hi Jean, I've also attached more pictures of them - one is a group photo outside the church and also mum's bridesmaids. It seems it was mum's parents' house (before mum and dad were married in 1955). Mum lived there with her parents May and Charles probably from the mid-1930s until they left in 1958. Mum had four sisters, Beryl (passed away in 1952 from polio), Doris and Olive (who we are having some difficulties locating) and Margaret who apparently married and Welshman and ran off to Wales with him! Her parents both passed away in 1956 and she and my father looked after her mother until the end. They went to the primary school on the corner of Yew Tree Road and Station Road and she went to a high school in Deykin Avenue. Regards, Sue. 1636314619391.jpeg
IMG_0297%20%28FangBox%27s%20conflicted%20copy%202014-09-24%29.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

Back