• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

hodgetts

gingerjon

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN R.I.P.
can we help in this request please

hi John
Iam looking for parents and family, wife and children of dennis hodgetts born 28/11/1863 died 25/03/1945 played for aston villa in 1880's and was vice chairman for villa 1930 onwards he was born in summer lane in birmingham thats as much as I know his father was henry hodgetts and mother mary foster. I believe he was my grandfathers brother or uncle thats what I am trying to find out. No I dont think we had relatives in Sparkbrook but there is an awful lot of Hodgett's I dont know if they link Thats what I am trying to find out.My father was william hodgetts was born 06/05/1913 my mother was beatrice hodgetts born31/07/1914 My grandad was james henry hodgetts my grandmother was mary ann hodgetts but I dont there birth dates I have to find out. they lived in the hockley and lozells area of birmingham

1881 Census - Piece 3002 Folio 81 Page 12

82 Great Russel Street

HODGETTS - all born Birmingham

HENRY 1821 Head Slater
MARY 1821 Wife
ANN 1852 Dau
ARTHUR 1859 Son
DENNIS 1864 Son

Hope this helps,

Jacqueline

here are the Hodgetts family in 1871, Dennis is not at home and I can't find him on the census, but there is a son James shown

Name: Henry Hodgetts
Estimated birth year: abt 1821
Relation: Head
Spouse's name: Mary
Where born: Warwick, Warwickshire, England

Civil parish: Birmingham
Ecclesiastical parish: St Paul
County/Island: Warwickshire

Street address: 2 Court Graham Street

Condition as to marriage:

Disability: View image

Registration district: Birmingham
Sub-registration district: All Saints
ED, institution, or vessel: 5
Neighbors: View others on page
Household schedule number: 143
Household Members: Name Age
Ann Hodgetts 24
Arthur Hodgetts 13
Henry Hodgetts 50
James Hodgetts 7
Mary Hodgetts 49

Sorry to be a bit late in replying to you posting but........I always thought that Denny Hodgetts was Henry Dennis Hodgetts......but I could be wrong....which is nothing new......

In your posting you memtioned that you grandfather was William Hodgetts born in May 1913, and that his father was James Henry Hodgetts....in my search for William I found one born in the June qtr 1913 and his mother's surname was Robinson, using FreeBMD site I came acorss James Henry Hodgetts and a Mary Ann Robinson in the March qtr 1902.......Birmingham......you will need their marriage certificate to find out who the father of James was.....then you should beabe to go back one or two steps..

The census (1871) page that Di.Poppit has one/two errors I believe, Ann was only 20 years old.....James I believe has been given the wrong name....it should have been Dennis......James was the eldest son born 1849/50....followed by Ann, Arthur and Dennis.

Jacquline's posting is correct, they are the same family as above.

In 1861 the family were living at Back of 15 Summer Lane......Henry 50, Mary 50, James 11, Ann 9 and Arthur 2..

In 1851 they were living at House 1 Court 7 Fleet Street......Hy (Henry) Hogets 31, Mary 31 and James 12 months

In the Sept qtr 1843 Henry Hodgetts and Mary Foster appear in the marriage section?

I hope this has been of some help to you........The Hodgetts in Sparkbrook could be some of mine.....and they are from the Cotswolds

John

hi John
Iam looking for parents and family, wife and children of dennis hodgetts born 28/11/1863 died 25/03/1945 played for aston villa in 1880's and was vice chairman for villa 1930 onwards he was born in summer lane in birmingham thats as much as I know his father was henry hodgetts and mother mary foster. I believe he was my grandfathers brother or uncle thats what I am trying to find out. No I dont think we had relatives in Sparkbrook but there is an awful lot of Hodgett's I dont know if they link Thats what I am trying to find out.My father was william hodgetts was born 06/05/1913 my mother was beatrice hodgetts born31/07/1914 My grandad was james henry hodgetts my grandmother was mary ann hodgetts but I dont there birth dates I have to find out. they lived in the hockley and lozells area of birmingham

hi John
If you see this please reply, do you know of a Linda Ormsby, formerly Hodgetts?

Welcome to the forum, we do not give information on living persons whereabouts on BHF, I have sent you a message.

Back