• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Heaton and Dugard

loisand

master brummie
Could you please look up Heaton and Dugard Rolling Mill, Shadwell Street Mills Birmingham,
Samuel Fisher & co, Nile Foundary, Sheepcote Street, Birmingham,
Charles Clifford, Rolling Mills, Fazeley Street and 11 Snow Hill Birmingham.
Thank you kindly :flower: :cat:

Loisand,
Heaton & Dugard Ltd.(incorpd.Delta Metal Co. Ltd.)wire mfrs (Shadwell Street Rolling Mills) & Clifford Charles & Son,Ltd Metal Rollers Fazeley Street both in Kelly's 1949.Nothing for Samuel Fisher & co

Colin

I am reasearching the Heaton dynasty as part of my fact finding for a book on the Reuben Heaton tackle company. Do you have any family tree infor on Heatons?

Hi Eton Sun,
Some of the info that I have:
1828...listed as Heaton Brothers, button makers and brass rollers. If you put in your search on your main server "OldCopper", there is a web site that gives you all the identifying marks of this company, they also tell you something about what they make..very intersting
1829....listed as Heaton Brothers, metal rollers
1830...listed as Heaton Brothers, metal rollers
1839..Listed as Heaton & Brothers, manufacturers of brass and copper wire, plain and ornamental gilding and dipping, mouldings, window sash bar, gilding and dipping materials, hook and eye manufacturers.
1842...listed as Heaton Brothers
1896...listed as Heaton & Duggard..they joined forces with the Duggard Brothers from Vulcan Mills
Hope this helps :)

Do you have any names for the people who owned it (the Heatons). I am trying to see if there is any connection between the Heatons of my fishing tackle company Reuben Heaton, the Mint Heatons and the H&D Heatons

Hello,

Just read your message. All the Heaton, (rolling mills, fishing tackle and Birmingham Mint) are the same family. My g.g. grandmother was Elizabeth Heaton, and the Heatons married into the Wedgwood family, and the Dugard family.

If you do need any more info, please ask!

Beth Jones

Hi all,

my mum has recently emailed me and told me that her aunt worked at Heaton and Dugards in Brum. She was a shorthand typist. my mum thought that the factory was a brass fitters/founders, but she may have got this wrong.

Julia

Heaton and Dugard were metal rollers, formers and metal wire makers. The company I think was started by one of Ralph Heaton 2nd's sons.
I am researching the fishing tackle Heaton's who were part of the other side of the Heaton dynasty which splits into two main branches from Ralph Heaton 1st's father.
On one side we have the Fishing tackle and the Heaton Nicholls line, and on the other the Mint Heaton's, the Heaton & Dugard heatons and the Heaton Capon rubber company Heaton's.
I know that H&D supplied some products to the angling trade so I am hoping that they supplied my tackle company and were closely linked including the Mint Heaton's as well.
I need to speak with anyone who worked for one of the companies and knows anything about any links with the others.
I would like to speak to anyone with family connections in the old tackle trade pre 1950's

Bethjones501, which side of the family does your grandmother come from, and did she work in any of the aforesaid companies

My paternal g.g.grandmother was Elizabeth Heaton, and she married John Nicholls, thus starting the "Heaton-Nicholls" family line.

If you need anymore information please let me know.

Beth Jones

Back