• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Luna

Hello,

Does anyone remember a garage on Broad Street in the 1950s and 60s called Hatton Motors? (Or even bought a car from them?) It apparently sold both new cars and second hand and I think closed down in the late 60s.

Thanks for any help!

Lots of ads in the papers, no.71 Broad St it looks like

Also mention of the suicide of Mr Hatton, the governing director in August 1967, a few days after a winding up order for the company in the courts.

Thanks MWS!

Poor Mr Hatton. I wondered about suicide when I saw the date of death was so soon after the winding up notice. It's so sad that he felt driven to that.

Which paper is that with the adverts?

@MWS thank you! I've just had a quick look but will have to stump up for a subscription to the newspaper archive to look at more than three of them. That may have to wait til after Christmas!

Still interested in hearing from anyone who has memories of the place - worked there, bought a car there etc.

This started off as trying to track down what happened to an old car but I've got properly pulled into the history now!

Back