• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Hands Family At Smith Street Hockley

dottieau

master brummie
Hi I have a death certificate and the address is 3 back of 27 Smith Street Hockley Birmingham. Would it be possible for a check to see who was living at this address in 1933. Thank you.

In 1930 the electoral roll shows Robert and Rosa Edmunds. In 1935 only Rosa Edmunds
mike

Thanks Mike the name I was looking for was Hands but thanks for checking for me. I will look into the name Edmunds to see if its any relation.

in 1930 there are henry, elizabeth and george hands at 3 court 7 smith st. st. pauls ward
also same year arthur and nelly may hands at 7 court 7 smith st. and
arthur reuben, lavinia and edith may hands at 8 court 7 smith st.

Thank you so much for that Shera That is such a lot of great information. I will have to look into the Arthur and Nelly I haven't seen them before in my search but they must be some relative. Would you know if Elizabeth is the wife of Henry as I have not been able to find him since the 1881 census. I know his wife Margaret died in 1887. Thank you again...

i would think elizabeth was henrys wife as they are together in 1920 electoral rolls at 3 court 7 smith st.

Hi I have a death certificate and the address is 3 back of 27 Smith Street Hockley Birmingham. Would it be possible for a check to see who was living at this address in 1933. Thank you.
Hi I know this was posted a long time ago but I wondered if the certificate you found is Hands. I am tracing my family history and my dad was born there in 1931.

Hi I know this was posted a long time ago but I wondered if the certificate you found is Hands. I am tracing my family history and my dad was born there in 1931.
You might not get a reply as the poster of the original message, dottieau, hasn't been on the forum since 2017. (Clicking on the name tells you the last date).

Back