• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Grosvenir Workman Electro Plating Bath Row

denji

knowlegable brummie
My dad worked at a small plating factory on Bath row,Im sure it was on the other side of the road of St Thomas School Ladywood,Please is there any maps and photo.s of this factory.Thanks.denji.

Hi Denji

I think it was possibly this company, Workman Grosvenor (Electro Plater) or sometimes listed as Grosvenor Workman (Electro Plater) 32 - 34 Bath Row which was near to Cregoe Street.

Attachments

• Lee Bank Bath Row  (2).jpg
    Lee Bank Bath Row (2).jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 29
Thank you Phil for your photo,have you any idea when this was taken,It looks like a petrol station and not as i remember,if it was opp St Thomas school in Bath row then it must be the one.Many thanks.

if someone could provide a map showing there was a school opposite the plating firm in phils photo then that would confirm it for denji

lyn

Last edited:
Think the building behind the car is where Dr Lawcett and Dr Colston practised in the 1950s, which was on the corner of Cregoe Street and Bath Row and therefore immediately opposite St Thomas' school - I was a regular attender at both buildings!

Below is map c 1950 showing plating works at no 32 and St Thomas's school opposite

Attachments

• map c 1950 showing plating works at 32 bath row and St thomas's school.jpg
    map c 1950 showing plating works at 32 bath row and St thomas's school.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 23
thank you Mikejee....I do believe this is it...I remember looking out of my class window and seeing my dad standing outside having a smoke.Thank you all Denji.

denji

The information with the photo tells us that it was taken in 1955 and it was 32 to 34 Bath Row which was located on the south side of Bath Row between Cregoe Street and Pigott Street

Back