• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Green John Marriage Look Up for

Jackie Hill

Gone but not forgotten. R.I.P.
I'm looking for a marriage of

John Green to Anna Augusta Flora Burger

About 1896

She was born 1878 Birmingham

I have been told by one of the family she had her first child John in 1897 ??

Jackie

Re: Marriage Look Up for John Green

havent found a marriage yet for when you want but there is this marriage in 1910 jan-mar bham 6d 229

anna augusta f burger

to either william john tart or william edwin walker

Hi Shera

Yes the Marriage in 1910 was her second marriage, well thats what I thought

Her son from her first Marriage if there was a Marriage, John William Frederick Green married a Lucy Morgan in 1918 in Aston

Jackie

Can't find anything in 1901 under Anna ,but she uses Flora Burger in the 1891 census, there is a family in Bishopgate street in 1901
John green age 38 Navvy.
Flora age 22
John age 5
Wilfred age 17 days. all born birmingham
Can find no marriage of John Green to a Flora.
perhaps they just lived together.

There is a Flora Walker on the 1911 age 33,( sorry have to pay to view).

The simplest way to find out if they are both the same person is to obtain the birth certificate of Wilfred Green.
Wilfred george Green bith registered June qtr 1901 ref. 6d 62
Tell the Register office you only want it if the mothers maiden name is Burger that way you will not have to pay if this is not the case.

Thank you Alberta for the info, you always get one don't you

Jackie

Hi Shera/ Alberta

I think I have two options here either go for the Marriage certificate in 1910 and see if she is down as a Spinster or go for Wilfreds Birth

Jackie

you could try albertas suggestion first (asking for mmn burger), that way you dont have to pay for two. it looks like she never married john green.
let us know what happens. :)

Hi Shera

I'm going to have one more go for a Marriage, when you look on ancestry for the marriage Dec Q 1896 there are only three people 2 men and one woman, so I'm going to write to the register office and see

I have use Birmingham Register Office for some years, doing family history and have never had a problem, but the last few months I have not been so lucky

Normaly if the certificate is simular they will ring you and tell you its not a perfect match do you want them to send it but I have had a couple of cases where they just write back and say it doesn't match

One was a Harry and a Henry that was the only difference and they sent a letter to say it didn't match, when I wrote back Harry/Henry I got the certificate

Jackie

you can try jackie, but if you look on the indexes of marriages 1896 oct-dec there is no burger so i dont think it will be correct :(

I have checked the index and there is no Burger

But the other week I checked the index for a birth in 1885 there was nothing there, I sent for a birth certificate just putting the name and 1885 and received the certificate

Some years ago I sent for a certificate from Stourbridge and they said there wasn't one, although it was on the index,so I sent to Southport and got the certificate, when I phoned Stourbridge thinking I was being helpful they didn't want to know

A lot of the index have been transcribed and people are only human and thing can be left off

Being as John Green is a lot older than Anna it could be he is already Married so couldn't Marry her

Jackie

i see what you mean jackie. well its worth a try then.

you could be right about him being married and maybe just deserted his wife :rolleyes:

Hello,

Flora (Anna Augusta F Burger) married William Edwin Burger in 1910.
Although I don't have credits for the 1911, using the advanced search it looks like these people are all living in the same household:

WALKER FLORA F1878 33 Aston Warwickshire
WALKER EDWIN M 1876 35 Aston Warwickshire
WALKER WILLIAM M 1886 25 Aston Warickshire
GREEN HAROLD M 1903 8 Aston Warwickshire
GREEN JOHN M 1896 15 Aston Warwickshire
GREEN WILFRED M 1901 10 Aston Warwickshire

I think you could be right about John Green not marrying Flora- I think if she had been married before, she would have been listed as Green for her second marriage.

Elly x

ps. Just being nosey, but did John Green die?
Found these possible deaths (based on his age on the 1901 census):

John George Green age 47 March qtr 1907 Aston
John Alfred Green age 45 march qtr 1908 Birmingham

Hi Shera

Just got a letter back from Birmingham Register Office saying

They was unable to trace a Marriage of
John Green and ???? Burger, they had searched the index from 1894 to 1898

I now know they where not Married, but they also say there was not a John Green born in Birmingham between 1894 to 1898 either, I think I did look and there was no John Burger either ?

Will have to go back to the drawing board with this on

Jackie

Hi Elly

Anna Augusta F Burger Married a William Edwin Walker in 1910

Anna was born in 1878 in Birmingham so would only have been about 18/19 when she had her first child, which should have been John Green born 1896 but as you can see by my post to Shera they say there was no John Green born between 1894 to 1898 who's parents match what I'm looking for

Yes I'm told John Green died not sure when

Jackie

jackie, there is a "male" green born 1896 aston oct-dec 6d 384

perhaps this could be john??

and alberta found you the details of birth of wilfred so perhaps you could try that certificate.

Hi Shera

I know there are John Greens in the index, but according to what they are saying there is not a John Green Born to a Green and Burger between 1894 to 1898, so although we know he should be there between those dates, they are saying there are no matches

Jackie

perhaps they didnt look at the "male" green though

Hi Shera

what was written in the letter

Thank you for your application for marriage certificate in respects of John Green and ? Burger, and birth certificate for John Green. I regret that I have been unable to trace these entries in the Birmingham index from 1894 to 1898

They have then advised me to write to Southport

Jackie

Might be worth checking the 'male' Green- after all, they must belong to someone.
I did also think if she wasn't married, and being so young she may have stayed with relatives out of county? Staffordshire, or Worcestershire??

what im trying to say jackie is that they checked "john" green, but the one i have given is just "male" green because the parents hadnt named him yet. so they probably havent looked at that one :rolleyes: its just an extra possibility :)

Hi Shera

Sorry I was not with you when you said "male"

Thats a thought, at the moment anything is worth a try

Thanks I'll try that

Jackie

Hi Shera

Have had the reply back from Birmingham Register Office about the
Male Green it does not match so I'm back to square one

Thanks for all your help

Jackie