• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

George E. STEPHENS and brother Arthur Henry STEPHENS

M

Marlene

Hi
George E and Arthur Henry Stephens were born to Sarah Ann Ward and her husband William Stephens in Birmingham in <1876> and <1879> respectively.
George E. Stephens 24 had married Fanny G.ertrude Lucy ???? by 1901 and was living in Little Green Lane.
Arthur Stephens was still living at home with his widowed mother Sarah Ann and was a bicycle worker at age 22 in 1901. They were living at Carlton Rd.
:cry: I have just discovered that George E was killed in Europe during WW1 He was a Private in the 2nd Battalion Royal Warwickshire Regiment and died on 14 October 1917. At the time of his death Fanny Gertrude was living at 787 Alum Road Ward End. I do not know whether they had children.
Can anyone help bring me up to date with this family? I have lots of info to share. My only hope will be children of George or the marriage of Arthur.
Marlene

Back