• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Frederick and Zena Simpkin

H

harborne

:(

I'm trying to find a Marriage Certificate for Frederick and Zena Simpkin, who married in 1880. My problem is Frederick was born in Loughborough, Leicestershire although he lived in Birmingham. I don't know when he moved to Birmingham, but searching for him in Loughborough has led me to a brick wall. Just wondered if anyone has come across anything that might help me...?

Also looking for info on Henry (2 of them) and Alfred Burgess, all Metal Spinners in Birmingham dating back to 1828.

Hope someone can help.

Hi harborne  :) and Welcome to this Great Site  ::)

I think this is Yours as requested,

Frederick Simpkin married Ze--- Alice Taylor in(April, May or June) JUNE Quarter 1880 in B,ham ref 6d page 119

This reference as above is enough for you to get Copy Marriage Cert from B,ham Reg office,

Best Regards & lotsa luck,, cheers John Y  O0

1881 census entry
Dwelling: 1 Barrs Buildings Johnstone St
Census Place: Birmingham, Warwick, England
Source: FHL Film 1341710 PRO Ref RG11 Piece 2970 Folio 129 Page 34
Marr Age Sex Birthplace
Frederick SIMPKIN M 23 M Loughborough, Leicester, England
Rel: Head
Occ: Metalic Bedstead Fitter (Iron)
Zena A. SIMPKIN M 20 F Birmm, Warwick, England
Rel: Wife
James TAYLOR M 36 M Birmm, Warwick, England
Rel: (Lodger) Bro. In Law
Occ: Groom

Wow! I can't believe this, I've been looking for info on these people for ages.  Thanks so much for your welcome and your help.  I'm hooked now; must find some more names...! :smiley6600: :smiley6600: :D

Harborne,

They were slow today they must have had a late night :2funny:

:eek: Slow; I don't think the ink had dried! They must be very good.

Back