• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Francis family of kings Norton

Lesley1

Hi im looking for an aunt of my moms married name is Francis Hilda maud was morton she martied charles fredrick Francis and i know they had 6 children and lived in the kings norton area Hilda has now passed but i would love to hear from any of her family as i am doing the family trer and im hitying a brick wall with the morton side thanks in advance

i am moving this thread to the correct section of the forum which is SURNAME INTERESTS as you have posted in the old photographs section and by posting in the correct section you may get more of a response

lyn

There is a Hilda Maud Morton listed on the electoral rolls in 1930 at 86a George St, Balsall Heath, with a Beatrice Morton and Arthur Leonard and Eva Mabel Garner. Beatrice is there from 1922 with Herbert Walter Morton. Could they be her parents?

Hilda Maud Morton (reg as Edgington) appears to be either the illegitimate daughter of Harriet Edgington, who subsequently married James Morton or their child before they married.

Lived at 36 Adelaide St.

It looks as if James and Harriet were together on the 1911 census so I suspect Hilda was their child and they married afterwards (not uncommon).

And without any evidence to the contrary I would say that James Morton was registered as Walter James Morton, the son of James Morton and Annie Tennant.

First thing to check, if you haven't done already, is the marriage certificate of James & Harriet for father's name & occupation.

It looks as if James and Harriet were together on the 1911 census so I suspect Hilda was their child and they married afterwards (not uncommon).

And without any evidence to the contrary I would say that James Morton was registered as Walter James Morton, the son of James Morton and Annie Tennant.

First thing to check, if you haven't done already, is the marriage certificate of James & Harriet for father's name & occupation.
It is amazing, when I did a genealogy course, I was told by the lecturer in the 1800 most marriages were shot gun weddings if there was a batchelor or spinster in the Village it was because they were unable to bear or father a child.

Back