• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Site crash 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I notice that the ads seem to be showing in member's posts unless this was intentional. Uploading this image as an attachment was not possible.
Img_0598.jpg

ads in first post on each thread only,

it's taken google a few days to activate it as the forum was offline, nothing i do is unintentional,

however that's the last of them now.

thanks for telling me ill sleep much better now, glad you appreciate the hard work ive put in this easter break.:barbershop_quartet_

Last edited by a moderator:
ads in first post on each thread only,

it's taken google a few days to activate it as the forum was offline, nothing i do is unintentional,

however that's the last of them now.

thanks warren but...

i am seeing the ads on first post of every page not thread...

still cant access forum via IE (son will look into that)

private message system not working as it was...when we started typing in recipients name a drop down box appeared with the names of members and we just clicked on the name which entered it into the recipient box...that no longer happens

thought it worth a mention

lyn.

Last edited:
thanks for telling me ill sleep much better now, glad you appreciate the hard work ive put in this easter break.:barbershop_quartet_
I do appreciate your hard work and expertise and the advert banners at the top and bottom of the screen were unobtrusive, but the ads in the posts seem fairly obtrusive on the smaller screens of the phones and tablets which we 'oldies' often use. :untroubled:

Thanks for all your selfless hard work in getting our site back to normal Warren. And at such a busy time of year too. Hope you find time to sit back and relax a little now.

Many thanks Warren for all your hard work. The ads at the top of the page don't bother me at all - and neither did the "crash" coz my lappie went crazy yesterday as well (lovely man fixed it this morning...phew).

ive put the ads back in first post but there are tiny! 150 x 150

Ive managed to repair the image uploads 59.JPG
now just need to sort pm's out.

Warren on the smaller ads which are shown, I note there is one for ebay. If I use ebay going through the Forum by clicking on it instead of my normal route, do you get anything?

I 'Believe' so, that is another advertiser separate from Google, it's been on for 3 days so far and has earn t the site..0p lol
though i don't know how it's calculated

bit slow to load but i can now access the forum via IE on my lappy...will try desk top tonight

right, had to redo the restore as the image tables hadn't refreshed properly (something i was unaware of), so "yes" we have lost todays posts BUT! all the images are working again something i deemed more important than a days posts. thanks for your patience folks.

any bugs please please let me know

0411_hubble_970-630x420.jpg

copper mine test
0411_hubble_970-630x420.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back