• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Forum HDD crashed

warren

Administrator
HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.

Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.

im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now

we are now using a backup solution

Last edited:
And thank you too for letting us know what's been going on, like on the error page while the forum was out of action and your message at the top of this page.

Let's all be patient please as things may not be back 100% and give Warren the space to do his job. Many thanks all.

I hope from now on there will be regular daily or bi-daily backups to a separate place than the machine holding the forum
if only trouble is the forum is over 50GB compressed this is why i can only do weekly offsite backups and right now there are no backups being done as i haven't had chance yet

fixed the missing images now as well i think thats everything any issues please post in this thread for me to look at them
members cant post on this thread warren...some have tried and it comes up you have insufficient privileges

Back