• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

FORGOTTON FRIEND,

Astonian

gone but not forgotten
     Around the corner I have a friend
     In this great city that has no end.
     Yet days go by and weeks rush on,
And before I know it, a year as gone.
     I never see my old friend's face, for life is a swift and terrible  race,
     He knows I like him just as well, as in the old days I rang his bell .,
     And he rang mine ---  we were younger then
     But now  we are tired,busy men.
     Tired  of playing a foolish game, tired of trying to make a name .
     Tomorrow comes and tomorrow goes ,
     And the distance between us grows and grows
     Around the corner, yet miles away, then comes the news..........  JIM DIED TODAY;
     And that's what we get, and deserve  in the end   
     Around the corner -------  a vanished friend    ;;

Astonian, Those words sent a shiver down my spine. I'm going to ring all my friends now. Jill.

It's true, how many times have we all heard 'So and so' has died, leaving us thinking I wish I'd phoned..

Astonian, Another gem written by a true Brummie, who's roots will never leave Brum

How true that is Astonian, whereever we live. We have to work at keeping in touch and sometimes it seems like it is all one way and we give up.
That is one of the great things about this forum and the Internet in general, it gives us the opportunity to keep or get in touch with old friends more easily. O0.

HI ALF ,
I HAVEN,T HEARD FROM YOU JUST LATELY ,OR SEEN YOU ON THE FORUM
HOPE YOU HAVE BEEN KEEPING WELL , ? .
NEXT ; I WANT TO TAKE THIS OPPORTUNETY TO THANK YOU ,; AND ALL MY FRIENDS , ON THE FORUM TODAY
FOR COMPLIMENTING ME ON MY ARTICLE , REGARDING [FORGOTTON FRIENDS ] , AND INDEED YOU ARE ALL MY FRIENDS , .
AND I HOPE THIS FORUM KEEPS GOING , ON AND GROWS IN NUMBERS ,AND THAT WE CAN SHARE OUR MOMENTS
OF THE GOOD TIMES , AND IF UNFORTUNELY SHARE A PROBLEM , TO TALK ABOUT ,IT ,
HAS KANDOR SAID WE ALL HAVE OUR MOMENTS , AFTER ALL WE DO HAVE A LAUGH , [DON,T WE ]
WELL I KNOW I DO ; ESPECIALY YOU AND CROMWELL , WHEN YOU AND CROMI ,; OLD MERLIN HIMSELF
START BANTERING EACH OTHER LIKE KANDOR SAID IT BRIMG TEARS TO YOUR EYES
REMEMBER ALF ; WE ONLY LIVE ONCE ,AND ONE BITE AT THE APPLE OF LIFE , ONLY ,
SO DON,T EVER FORGET YOUR FRIENDS CALL THEM ,.;
LOOK FOREWARD TO YOUR NEXT THREAD , BEST WISHES ASTONIAN ,;;;;

Hi Aston I'm here everyday but I think we are all talked out at this time of year, soon as we get that Sun on our backs we will be off :2funny:

Back