• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

falling out of love

gingerjon

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN R.I.P.
though not in this position my self why do we some time fail in marriage I have just witnessed a break up. Not n ice

Why do we fail
Just listen to what I have to say
You broke my heart I can not stay
We had a love I thought was true
I believed it was the same for you
A romance to last for all of time
That you would forever be always mine
Then you started to change your mind
Arguing and fighting you were so unkind
Why two people should end up this way
After promising to honour and obey
Now its all over done and gone
In my heart you are still the only one
I hungered for you to relent and return
If only that flame of love could burn
Now as I look on life all on my own
How come your heart turned to stone 

John Houghton 2006

John for very personal reasons you know that this poem reflects some of my feelings... once again today I must state that we each take meanings from these words that might not have been intended by the author, but thats ok!! Thanks John, I wish it were appropriate for me to pass this poem on to someone I care about, maybe once the dust finally settles.  Thank You Mate!!

I too know of a few relationship break ups - once happy souls and with no understanding of what went wrong, it feels very sad. I do know that we dont know what goes on behind closed doors, and all too often we only see what we are allowed to see, as sad as break ups are - I realise that sometimes they are for the best.

Excellent poem John

:angel: I can only agree with Rod and Sue and maybe add. We all seemed to have been very lucky with our choices in marriage partners and it's sad to see close family and friends so unhappy and even angry with their choices. I think we all start out with the same hopes, dreams and love for a whole life together with 'The chosen one'.

Great poem John even if a very sad one!

Chris :angel:

Think this a great poem - unfortunately breakups happen far too often - I think society and the way we live has a lot to do with it- people need to go back to some of our old values

Back