• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

face`s five ways 1980`s 1990`s

B

brummie1968

anyone have any storys of nites out there photos would be nice ?????????:rolleyes:

There is a thread called 'birmingham nightclubs of the past' you can use the search box at the top of the page to find it, there may be some posts on there. I used to go to Faces in the 80's. always used to have a good time there with my friends :)
Polly

It was re-fitted in the early 90's and renamed XLs. The car park at the top used for load in for llive bands was used in the film 'I bought a Vampire Motorcycle'!!

anyone have any storys of nites out there photos would be nice ?????????:rolleyes:

I was a regular at Faces in the early 80's. My friend and i would be there every Saturday night without fail. It cost £2.50 to get in and we would buy a bottle of Pomagne and that would last us all night. We used to go in the room on the left called Jardine. They sometimes had bands on and i believe Wham played there before they were famous in about 1982. We didn't go as we had never heard of them! The DJ was called Gibbo and he always used to play 'Poison Arrow' by ABC. I loved Faces so much that i had both my 20th and 21st Birthday parties there. :)

The sight of me in my New Romantic phase heading to Face's would split your screen :coolcheesy:

Back