• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

evelyn wallace 1914

Westonia

Hi my grand parent was registered as being in the above mental institution from the 1939 census. Has anyone been successful in requesting information under the FOI Act? I want to find more info about them. I know I can refer to the Birmingham records office but I was just interested in the success rate as do not want to waste time.
Linked in with this, I am trying to trace information on my mother Warwickshire area, but I have found no early records of birth registration. Would anyone be able to sign post where to go if a child was taken into care, posdibly into children's homes from birth. I have limited information. Thank you.

Are you sure that is the right name. Not Coleshill Hall?
Sorry to be vague but I have never heard of Colesdown Hill

If it is Coleshill then there is a thread here

hi westonia we need to move your thread to the correct section of the forum at the min you have it posted under birmingham news...if you can give me the name of your grandparent and year born i will move the thread for you and put it under surname interests

lyn

Are you sure that is the right name. Not Coleshill Hall?
Sorry to be vague but I have never heard of Colesdown Hill

If it is Coleshill then there is a thread here
Apologies, it is Coleshill Hall. Thank you I will look at the thread.

hi westonia could you please read my post 3 as we need to move this thread to the correct place on the forum..thanks

no problem..the number of each post is at the top right hand side of the messages..what i wanted to know what the name of your grandparent and what year born...i will then move this thread to the surname interests of the forum

Coleshill is in North Warwickshire and the records for Coleshill Hall are kept at Warwickshire County records office but there is a hundred year rule of production of the documents.

Evelyn in Coleshill Hall in 1939 is Evelyn M Wallis b 30th September 1914 to Walter Edwin Wallis and Catherine Felicia nee Hatton she died in 1959

Girls born Wallis with mother Wallis in Warwickshire
Margaret 1939
Lynda 1948
Maria A 1957
Denise J C 1957 these are all registered Birmingham

Lynn 1958, she is registered Meriden, anyone born in Coleshill would be registered there.

Last edited:
Evelyn had 2 siblings

Claude born 1916 married Rose anderson in 1938 and in 1939 lived in Peorce Avenue Solihull, he died in solihull in 1987
They had a son Raymond N Wallis in 1940 and a daughter Pauline A Wallis in Solihull in 1947

Rose died in 1963 and Claude remarried in 1966.

Lilian May b 1919 she was with her parents in 1939 at 137 Osborn road, Sparkbrook
In 1955 both Lilian and Evelyn are at 55 Applesham Close Sparkbrook, Lilian M Wallis died in 1993.

Last edited:
Back