• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Downing/Barnett family tree.

yogimon

master brummie
I am trying to trace my husbands ancestors. Unfortunately ,he knows very little about his family. Does anyone out there remember Dennis (Dinky) Downing From Smethwick/Kings Norton, he served in the army WW2 from approx 1945 till at least 1950. I know he served in Korea because i remember him telling me before he died in 1996. I have tried to get some army records up on the geneology site but it does'nt give me any thing. Dennis Married Elsie Barnett in 1945. They had 3 children. Dennis's mothers maiden name was Lawrence. His father David served in ww1. he had half of his face disfigured in conflict. As far as i know Dennis had three sisters ..Ivy winifred and elsie. he had 3 brothers Raymond, Alfred and Charles. They all had nick names. I can remember a Cocker, Rolo and Popeye. The Lawrence family were from the Smethwick area. If any one can throw some light on this family i would be more than happy.. A little information is better than none at all. Photographs would be even better.

Dennis David Downing born 1922 registered Kings norton died 1996.

This is almost certainly his family

David Downing married Emily Lawrence in Kings Norton 1917.

theres a couple of "possibilities" in 1911 for david downing and emily lawrence.

david and annie harriet downing with their children, thomas joseph 21, william david 20, DAVID 14, annie 13, alfred 12, frederick 9 and james 4 . living 107 gilbert rd. smethwick

samuel and esther ann lawrence with their children, ethel 18, phoebe 16, william 15, EMILY 13, and elsie 4. living 11 melbourne avenue rd. smethwick

I am trying to trace my husbands ancestors. Unfortunately ,he knows very little about his family. Does anyone out there remember Dennis (Dinky) Downing From Smethwick/Kings Norton, he served in the army WW2 from approx 1945 till at least 1950. I know he served in Korea because i remember him telling me before he died in 1996. I have tried to get some army records up on the geneology site but it does'nt give me any thing. Dennis Married Elsie Barnett in 1945. They had 3 children. Dennis's mothers maiden name was Lawrence. His father David served in ww1. he had half of his face disfigured in conflict. As far as i know Dennis had three sisters ..Ivy winifred and elsie. he had 3 brothers Raymond, Alfred and Charles. They all had nick names. I can remember a Cocker, Rolo and Popeye. The Lawrence family were from the Smethwick area. If any one can throw some light on this family i would be more than happy.. A little information is better than none at all. Photographs would be even better.

im cocker drownings son I live in smethwick cocker and rolo have passed away

Hi I am yogimans sister ( eileen ) she is on holiday until Sat I will show her your message when she gets back she is doing the downing family tree and will be intrested for any inormation
yhank you josie

Back