• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Donald K Moore

D

Dorothy Dodson

This is a shot in the dark - I've just picked up a book and browsing through the acknowledgements - there is mention of 'Up the Terrace - Down Aston and Lozells. The author Anne Bennett says that she read the book and it gave her valuable information as Donald K Moore recounted the reminiscences of his grandfather who had been a child at the time of the 1st World War. She has tried to contact Mr Moore to thank him for such a pleasant and helpful read. But she was unable to find him.

She also mentions Carl Chinn of Astonbrook and the History of Aston - but dont think that she tried the forum. So i would love to be able to direct her to this site for any info that contributors to this thread can give.

Cheers Dotxx

John what a star you are - i take it that it WAS Ronald and not Donald - as she says in her acknowlodgements.

I will now pass your knowledge on and hope that she hasn't found him yet

Lake Vrnywy That brings back memories - but another time !

Luv Dot

I have a copy of the book you mentioned" UP THE TERRACE" but mine was published by WESTWOOD PRESS PUBLICATIONS
44 BOLDMERE ROAD
SUTTON COLDFIELD
B73 5TD
They should be able to forward any correspondece onto the author.
Good luck with your quest.

Thanks again to Postie - i have passed on the info from John, had to send it via Harper Collins - so will see if she answers - and if so i will give her your additional information.

Dotxx :lol:

Incidentally Postie - is it Donald or Ronald K Moore - the author on the front of your book

Dot

Incidentally Postie - is it Donald or Ronald K Moore - the author on the front of your book

Dot

Message to John and Postie

I emailed your information about Mr Moore to Anne Bennett the author who was looking for his whereabouts and the following is her email back to me.

Thanks again Dotxx

Hi Dorothy,
Thank you so much for going to the trouble of finding out about
Mr Moore,
whatever his first name was I didn't realise that the book had
been written
so long ago. I picked up my copy in the city centre library and
I haven't
an clue if the publisher even exists, but I will try an check it
out.
Thanyou once more. Hope you enjoy the book.

Best wishes to you and yours - Anne

Hello Pam

I dont know but if you were to call in to your local booksellers and give them the book Title and Author and also the Publisher's name and ISBN number you might be in with a chance - see what John posted to me as follows and as you will see the name of the author is Ronald and NOT Donald

Cheers Dotxx

Up the Terrace Down Aston and Lozells.....by Ronald K Moore.

publish by Big in Ink Ltd, 9, Barford Close, Sutton Coldfield, B76 2UL

Isbn 0-948025-09-3

Ronald Moore at the time he was putting the above book together (1988)was living on a smallholding in Wales close to lake Vyrnwy,

Back