• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Dogs on the Metro

Heartland

master brummie
The West Midlands Metro is starting a trial on Tuesday to let owners bring their dogs onto the Metro trams. Whilst guide and assistance dogs are allowed and pets can be brought on board also along if they are in a container, this trial is to allow dogs to be brought on the tram on a lead.

The trams can be busy at times and there must be a concern from a concern of what a dog might do.

Some might welcome the move as we move into a more dog-friendly society, others may choose not the travel by tram in the future through concern for their safety.

• Appreciate
Reactions: cba
i am a dog lover. and some dogs are unpredictable and get very upset and stressed like us .. some folks dont like dogs at all and problems would arise.

Last edited:
The West Midlands Metro is starting a trial on Tuesday to let owners bring their dogs onto the Metro trams. Whilst guide and assistance dogs are allowed and pets can be brought on board also along if they are in a container, this trial is to allow dogs to be brought on the tram on a lead.

The trams can be busy at times and there must be a concern from a concern of what a dog might do.

Some might welcome the move as we move into a more dog-friendly society, others may choose not the travel by tram in the future through concern for their safety.
I don’t have dogs but I am a dog lover. But I also know they can be unpredictable when put into situations they’re not used to. I think the easy solution is that when using a tram they must me made to wear a muzzle.

my old JR went everywere with me on the bus train even on a motor bike down my jacket front when she was a pup, wih no probs at all during the 17 years i had her

Back