• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

dehavilland museum Hertfordshire

33bus

master brummie
This is a local museum that houses some of the aircraft built at Dehavillands Hatfield I hope some of the members that have an interest in aircraft find it useful cheers tom
icon7.gif

https://www.dehavillandmuseum.co.uk/GroupVisits.html

please relocate if the section is incorrect Tom
icon7.gif

Thanks Tom - I'll be looking at that. I often read most aircraft forums and sites. I used to service the instruments of RAF Dehavilland Vampires and my first ever flight was in a Dehavilland Rapide.
oldmohawk:)

I went to the DH Museum at Salisbury Hall years ago to view the prototype Mosquito. Interesting, but the aircraft isn't in such good a condition as the one at the Cosford Museum. Also, the website is really not very good, which is a shame.

Given that the DH Mosquito's fuselage was constructed of a plywood/balsa laminate heat-formed around a concrete male mould, the manufacture of the prototype must have been a mammoth task in comparison with conventional aircraft structures of the day.

Big Gee

Back