• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

cycle factory in erdington area closed down in the 70s

The only place that may have manufactured their own machines that I can think of is Tower Cycles. They were in Gravelly Lane. I think they closed down in the 90's though. Hope this is of use to you.

George H Hughes was in Stephens Street,Aston Manor(off Newtown Row) and made bathchairs Wheelchairs and later bicycles.
They became part of the Wolseley Engineering works in which was in Drews Lane and they were then known as Wolseley Hughes and I believe they were then situated somewhere off Tyburn Road.

Last edited:
andy b 1981, there was a factory producing cycle parts and had a big wheel outside on the canel in tyburn road nexed door to the cincinattie works i still think it is there. i am sure there is a picture on this wonderful forum some where, try a search. kind reguards sidwho

Back