• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

CRESSWELL

rowan

Born a Brummie
Does anyone have an ADA CRESSWELL in their family history?

My Ada married my Grandfather about 1920 (she was my "step grandmother") and I liked her alot :)

I think she may have been from the Yardley area (cannot confirm this) but my Grandfather lived in Little Green lane and then Belchers Lane.

:angel: Rowen just in case they miss your post, both Joozls and Grace have that surname or derision's of it in their families...
...That's great Joolz.
Have you been in touch with Grace who is on the forum, because she has Chiswell's/Cresswell's of Nechells and Aston in her tree.

Well worth contacting them I'd say... :)

I only have 2 Cresswells in my tree so far, but not blood relatives, my grandmother Maud's first wedding was to a John Cresswell in Aston in 1907, but I am descended from her second partnership (no marriage found yet!). Her wedding certificate states an Alfred Cresswell as John's father. Alfred's profession was Curator of Observatory, and John lived at 30 Leamington Road, Gravelly Hill. I haven't found much on censuses.

Do you have any more details? Age, grandfather's name etc.

I found just 1 Ada on the 1891 census:-
CRESSWELL   James   Head   M   M   34   Chill Fitter (Bedsteads)(Em'ee    Glamorgan - Woolstone       
    CRESSWELL   Sarah A   Wife   M   F   31       CHA - Crewe       
    CRESSWELL   Sarah A   Dau   -   F   4   Scholar    Warwickshire - Birmingham       
    CRESSWELL   Alice E   Dau   -   F   3   Scholar    Warwickshire - Birmingham       
    CRESSWELL   Ada F   Dau   -   F   1       Warwickshire - Birmingham       
    ROGERS   Sarah   Ma-Law   W   F   60       Warwickshire - Birmingham

Back