• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Cresswell Dorothy nee, Smith

cresser

master brummie
I wonder if anyone can help at all. I am trying to find the birthplace of my Aunt, Dorothy Cresswell, maiden-name, Smith, ( had to be one did`nt there! ). She was born in 1926, and married my Uncle, Leslie Alec Cresswell in 1946 at Wallasey Register Office. She died in 2003 at Redditch, Worcestershire. I have been in touch with Wallasey, but they have no record of a birth by that name, and with her Fathers name, Joseph Smith, for that particular time - I know Dorothy`s Mothers maiden-name was Gough, and I have searched on Anc`y, for a birth registered around 1926 with that surname, but I`ve got no where. I know with the name Smith, it is looking for the proverbial needle in a haystack, but it`s worth a try. Thanks in desperation more than hope!!. Cresser.

theres a birth of dorothy smith with mothers maiden name gough in birkenhead cheshire but its 1916 not 1926

Hi Shera, Thanks for your reply, sadly, I don`t think the 1916 `Dot`, is the one, I am certain her birth year was 1926 - the search goes on.............................. I would like to thank you for taking the time and trouble to look, I do appreciate the efforts people have made, and still do, on my behalf, Cheers.

An old post Cresser but did you ever find the answer.

The maiden name Gough threw me but using Dorothys date of birth on her death in 2003 it was the 10th june 1926.
6 Chantrey Street,Liverpool
James Smith b 1894
Dorothy Constance Smith b 1893
Dorothy smith b 10th june 1926 birth registered west derby

Dorothy may have had siblings Gerard 1922 and Elizabeth 1929

James Joseph Smith married Dorothy Constance Lunt in 1918 West Derby, liverpool

Just checked Ancestry and there is a Cresswell family tree with these records.

moved to Surnames

Back