• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Crematoriums

thats what i was thinking janice its an on going thing...very useful though

lyn

Yes - I have found a few of Paul's rellies. Mine are a different story as Catholic burials are harder to trace. No digitised Birmingham records yet!

There are cremations for Yardley as late as 2011.

Cremations for Sutton appear to go up to about 2008.

As many of you have said, the people at the cemeteries are really helpful on the telephone. Firstly I tried Robin Hood but the girl didn't find my Nan. I then tried Yardley and in a couple of minutes they found her as well as my Grandad! Even though he died in Highcroft Hospital the girl suggested she look and there he was. So I've now got the dates of the creations as well as where the ashes were scattered.

Both my parents cremated at Yardley. I also in the 1950s worked for William Bloye sculptor at Lodge Hill Crem carving names on the wood panels

Back