• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Cost Of Church Weddings

Lady Penelope

master brummie
Some time last week, I think (I don't remember which thread, sorry) the question was asked about the cost of church weddings these days. I believe that costs are set by the diocese although some may be decided by the individual church. I expect churches vary from area to area.
Statutory fee for a basic C of E wedding service - £452 including banns and certificate.
Extras: Verger (setting up, security during and tidying up) - £31
Service Sheets (black and white) £40 (colour extra)
Heating (!) - £41
Donation towards wedding preparation day (including meal) - £40
Organist - £122
Bells - £130
Flowers - per pedestal - £47, Altar - 50, Aisle (end of pews) £120.

So with the cost of dresses, suit hire, flowers, reception etc. cars, photos......

Back