• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Birmingham (Industrial) Cooperative Society Shops

Interesting photo oM, especially the view of the pub garden. I'm pretty sure there is a greengrocers there and there would have been a grocers too. I wonder if the bakery mentioned supplied other shops rather than just the Witton one.

What a wonderful display at this Co-Op. It was branch #10, High Street Erdington. The time and care put into the display is stunning. I can see meat hung up outside, but not sure what the pieces are hanging down along the window frame. Think the ones above the entrance are bacon, ready for slicing on the premises. The stacked tins in the doorway look like biscuits to me, sold loose.

The canine assistant is drawing attention to the "Co-operative News". Hope he got a juicy bone for his efforts. Or maybe he was simply passing by and savouring the aroma from those hanging joints of meat. Viv.

20231115_123545.jpg

Back