• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Cooper Roller Bearings ?

O

otis

Hello,

I am looking for the address of Cooper Roller Bearings, who I am assured were making ball-bearings in Birmingham in this period.

Any idea please ?

Hello Otis, This is the address of the Cooper Roller Brg Company, Wisbech Rd, Norfolk, they make split roller bearings,i don`t know of a Coopers in Brum, there may be Brg suppliers who stock them in Brum, you hav`nt said which period you are refering to.

Hello,

I am looking for the address of Cooper Roller Bearings, who I am assured were making ball-bearings in Birmingham in this period.

Any idea please ?

Cooper Roller Bearings of Wisbech Road, Kings Lynn, Norfolk, has been a customer of my company for many years and as far as I'm aware have been in Kings Lynn for donkey's years and never had a Birmingham connection. I had a look at their website, and although it's full of idiotic modern rubbish such as 'mission statements' and 'vision statements', whatever they might mean, there's nothing at all about the history of the company.

Regards,

Big Gee

The Norfolk museums service list on their website a number of photographs (photos themselves not on net) of Cooper roller bearings. All are taken in the 1940s at Kings Lynn. There is also mention on the net of one ex employee who worked at the factory in Kings Lynn and was killed in 1918. Therefore there has been a factory in norfolk since pre- 1st world war, but no mention of anything in brum.
mike

Maybe I have got these the wrong way around, but......

I beleived Coopers were based in Birmingham in the 1930s-1940s. The firm in King's Lynn ( Pollards ? ) were later merged with Coopers and took their name.

Otis
There is a Pollards Bearings at 865 Tyburn Road, Erdington in the 1940 Kelly's. no mention of Coopers (no mention of either in 1964)

Mike

Further to Pollards. Ransom and Marles, Hoffman and Pollard were forceably merged in 1969 to form RHP (Ransom,Hoffman and Pollard). The main factory of Pollards appears to have been in Ferrybridge
Mike

Hmm,.....

looks suspiciously like I may have somehow transposed the addresses of Coopers and Pollards then.

Thank you everyone for your help in solving this one. :)

Otis, Can i be cheeky and ask if you want to buy some bearings and for what application?. Len.

No not after ball bearings.

Was looking into wartime makers of them and their locations.

Thanks again for the help.

Back