• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Cooper, Abraham Thomas

theodore

master brummie
Trying to find 1911 census for Thomas Cooper (Abraham Thomas Cooper?). Born Bristol? Living Birmingham 1911, possible address 68 Miller Street, Aston. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Peter

Trying to find 1911 census for Thomas Cooper (Abraham Thomas Cooper?). Born Bristol? Living Birmingham 1911, possible address 68 Miller Street, Aston. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Peter
hi peter your info is a bit vague...do you know his year of birth..do you have him on any other census years and what makes you think poss miller st any idea who his parents were? ...anything you know for certain may help us

lyn

Last edited:
Possibly registered Bedminster (which covers part of Bristol) in 1864, married Emma Northover in 1886.

Possibly listed at Alcester Terrace (Aston) in 1901 a boarder of Edward Jackson with a son (Alfred). Listed as a Bricklayer's Labourer (same as 1911).

Info for address from service papers (Militia) for his son who gave next of kin as father at 68 Miller Street, Aston. Birth year 1861 possible but not 100% on this. Also marriage details for son (Thomas Albert Cooper - Amy Mullett 1920) but address given as 69 Miller Street (for both).

Peter

The Abraham Cooper who married Emma Northover (above) had a son Thomas Albert Cooper, b1890 reg. Barton Regis (also Bristol area).

Regards
Peter
The address appears to be 69 not 68 on the 1911 census. Thomas born abt 1861 born at Bristol
1666791904386.png

Abraham Thomas is a lodger of his son's in laws in 1921 at 69 Miller St. Amy sadly possibly died the same year she married, not sure where Thomas is.

Hi , there were many Abraham Coopers throughout Birmingham, England. I have two such relatives. One even married Elizabeth Cooper, no relation. This complicated my research. Many had no middle names. Only occupations listed. Lots of carpenters and painters. I am looking for New Summer Street Coopers. In 1841, census, no house numbers were required. Not until 1851. I am looking for 1841 map of Birmingham, New summer st, house locations. All has been torn down now.

have you tried putting in new summer street into the search box then keep scrolling down and you will eventually come to the thread for this street..it contains old photos and maps

lyn

Last edited:
have you tried putting in new summer street into the search box then keep scrolling down and you will eventually come to the thread for this street..it contains old photos and maps

lyn

lyn
HI, I an new to to forum. Maybe don't know how to navigate it yet. I typed in New Summer Street and found nothing. I chose thread and still nothing. Message popped up search words too short. Can you give New some direction or is there instructions that I missed?

HI, I an new to to forum. Maybe don't know how to navigate it yet. I typed in New Summer Street and found nothing. I chose thread and still nothing. Message popped up search words too short. Can you give New some direction or is there instructions that I missed?
Oops. I think I have found it. I put in my user name when I got nothing. I tried it without my username and did what you suggested. Found them in around page 9

Back