• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

childrens homes

Post 18......No it isn't , This photo is of one of the houses that belong to the Erdington Cottage Homes, which were located on Fentham Road, the grounds if I remember correctly were part of Highcroft Hospital.

my husband and his brother and sister where brought up here the house just by the gates is the lodge
and the house next to it is was home two called paxhall

I am wondering if anyone could tell me about Hawthorne House childrens home in the 1970s. Maybe someone on here worked there as a nursery nurse.
Hi Lisa, I was placed at HH for a short period in 1978. I knew three siblings...two girls and a boy. I'd love to make contact if you were one of them or could point me to someone who might know them. Best, MariaMalvern.

I am wondering if anyone could tell me about Hawthorne House childrens home in the 1970s. Maybe someone on here worked there as a nursery nurse.
Hi Lisa, I'm not sure my last post was sent a few moments ago, so just want to reiterate that I was at HH in the late 70s and knew three siblings...a boy and two girls. If you were one of them, I'd love to hear from you. Best, MariaMalvern.

Back