• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Chadwick/Brown.

S

Scoob

To carry on from https://forum.birminghamhistory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17279

My Father: Jeffrey Chadwick b: Bacup Lancs 11.01.1932 d: April 1993 Southampton.

Married Beryl Brown/Browne(?) at Perry Barr Church, Church road, Perry Barr 15.01.1955.
They had two daughters, my step sisters, Yvonne born 1962+/- 1 year, & Betty, born 1956+/- 1 year.

It's step sisters Betty & Yvonne I want to be in touch with, and their mother Beryl hopefully if still alive.

Thank you so much for your warm welcomes so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Scoob

Well first her name was Brown no e, second, it doesn't look like she used the name Beryl when she married so i will have to go through the list, there are ten pages just for that one quarter, i might be some time but i will be back

bren

Bren you are a superstar! Is it something I can help with? I feel a bit cheeky you being so kind.

I've used Genealogy about a year ago and downloaded some information but lost it on a hard drive. No matter what I try now, it seems all the links go to one site and then another.
I really feel like I'm missing a trick but I do appreciate your effort!

Here we go

Jeffrey Chadwick/ Frances B Brown 1st qtr 1955 Birmingham 9c 587

I will now go and look for their births to confim names and date and then look to see if i can find possible marriages for them

bren

Hi Scoob

Forgot to answer your question, that line gives you the name/s of the person/people, the quarter of the year it occurred/was registered and then the volume number followed by the page in that volume.
If you send for the certificate from the GRO you need all that information, because it was B,ham you could also send for it from the B,ham office but they do not require the volume and page number.
Have a read of this --

https://forum.birminghamhistory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=12911

bren

Birth --

Betty Chadwick mmn Brown 2nd qtr 1956 Birmingham 9c 930

mmn = mothers maiden name

bren

Last edited:
Bugger. That bought tears to my eyes. Actually seeing a birth date and experiencing your kindness has this old bulldog wiping his eyes.

Words couldn't express my feelings. For 22 years I've been thinking of my half sisters and never knew there were such kind people out there to help me.

Thank you Bren.

Scooby, there are no end of people on this site who are more than willing to help so dry your eyes and read this LOL --

Yvonne Chadwick mmn Brown 4th qtr 1962 Birmingham 9c 977

As i said before i will look for marriages and then see if we can locate them through the place of birth for their children if they had any.

I see someone has put what might be some good info on your welcome thread, have you seen it, you never know

bren

Hi Scoob

These are possible marriages --

Betty Chadwick/Norman F Jones 2nd qtr 1977 Meriden 34 0018

Yvonne E Chadwick/Gordon Peters 4th qtr 1983 Birmingham 32 0465

Look forward to hearing the response you get from the one on FriendsReunited

bren

Bren please rest! I can't thank you enough and as soon as I hear anything, fingers crossed either way, I will post it here in this thread straight away.

In a world where community spirit is in danger of extinction, how does one thank on-line e-buddies who you'd want as a neighbour, friend & colleague?

Must be the Brummie blood were sharing that has us tuned in :thumbsup:

Well, would you look at this, i can only find the one birth --

Name:Jason Peters
Mother's Maiden Surname:Chadwick
Date of Registration:Jun 1987
Registration district:Solihull North
Registration county (inferred):West Midlands
Volume Number:34 Page Number:328

This fits in with the info given by Yvonne from FR

bren

It appears that both sisters were brought up in Chelmsley.

The marriage of Betty in 1977 registered Meriden (before we were given the posh name Solihull North any birth, marriage or death said Meriden as the Chelmsley office was classed as Meriden)

Jason Peters was obviously registered in Chelmsley(Solihull north)

Lowbrook and Whitesmore were schools in Chelmsley Wood.

Last edited:
I said I'd let you know as things develop and they have :thumbsup:

I got an email from Yvonne this morning saying she would like us to get to know one another and meet up, if I was ok with that.
Needless to say I'm stunned and have messaged her to rough a date in the next three weeks before I go out of the country. If I don't see her before I leave it'll be a distraction wanting to know things and answer questions she no doubt will have herself.

I can't believe how quick this has happened. just minutes inside 24hrs since my first post on this subject and I have contact will my lost relatives and information so selflessly researched by Bren.

Scoob, that's fantastic news, pleased as punch for you, i bet your like a dog with two ****** :D.

I got an email from Yvonne this morning saying she would like us to get to know one another and meet up, if I was ok with that.

I like the bit at the end, she was obviously thinking of you even though it was you who made contact, seems at this stage you are going to have a happy time, well done and what a find by jennyann.

Once again, chuffed for you and don't forget to keep us updated

bren

Hi Scoob:

Great news that Yvonne has contacted you.:):):) It will be a great meet up I am sure plus now you have more members of your family. Great work by Bren filling in the jigsaw puzzle genetically as it were. Looking forward to hearing how the meet up goes.

Awww you each played an equal part. From your experiences, sourcing through Friends RU, the selfless factual work from bren to the remarks in both threads be them gentle warnings or uplifting wishes.
I have to say, I moderate in another forum and a forum which I always thought had the most helpful and giving members until I came across you guys and gals. Never before have I seen a forum without a Mr Sarky, Mrs Turbo Post or an over exited Mr/Mrs Moderator. Its got to be this Brummie blood running through our veins!
Enough ar*e licking but to wrap my feelings up, you chaps have me feeling more patriotic to my home city than ever before, and to the point I might even start watching football!

Yvonne Has a son at Southampton Uni and was coming down for a holiday around the 1st October, so I'll let you know what happens and try and get a reunion pic up.

I've also yet to speak with admin over submitting my fathers life story to the forum. I've made arrangements today to have the type text transfered into word format making it easier to move around and more pleasant on the eye. I can then also insert photographs and surprise Yvonne with a copy when we meet.

It feels so fantastic yet numbing that I may have a sister I can pick the phone up an call, or who may call me.

Scoob, so happy for you and yes this forum is the best. Everyone is so friendly and helpful, you really struck gold with Bren he's a gem.

I don't suppose I am the only member of this forum who has watched this develop over 24 hours. Such a lovely outcome for you Scoob, and it will be great if you post your photos.

Well done Bren and Jennyann, it's the third time we have seen families united recently. Such happy endings.:)

Back